Even if you own a different bike for everything, it’s still necessary to have one that can do it all. That bike is the Space Horse.
Our most popular and versatile model, the Space Horse has become a cult favorite because of its classic styling and ability to handle just about any task or terrain. With the addition of the all-weather control of disc brakes, and the ability to fit smaller riders better by utilizing 650b wheels on the 43cm and 46cm versions, this updated Space Horse is without a doubt the best version yet.
The geometry is a mix of traditional road and randonneur, with a relatively short rear end and a bottom bracket that’s slightly lower than a standard road bike. This gives it both agile handling for riding unbridled and increased stability when loaded. This blend of geometry and our 612 Select tubing creates a bike that is capable of quick road centuries, gravel racing, commuting, and of course loaded touring.
Just like its cantilever predecessor, the Space Horse Disc is able to accommodate front and rear racks, fenders, and tires up to 42c in size for the 700c bikes and 45c for the 650b version. It also utilizes a new dropout with a replaceable derailleur hanger. All of the classic All-City touches are present: signature brazed-on seat collar, pantographed bottom bracket shell, reinforcements on the bottle bosses and a beautiful lugged crown fork. The fork sports both a double eyelet on the dropout and mid-blade mounts to allow you to use pretty much whatever front rack you wish.
COMPLETE MSRP $1799 | FRAMESET MSRP $650
SPECS & GEO
- Headset + Cane Creek 10 Series
- Stem + Salsa Guide 3, 31.8mm 7 Degree
- Handlebar + Salsa Cowbell 3
- Bar Tape + Black Cork
- Shifter/Brake Lever + Shimano 105 11spd (ST-5800)
- Front Derailleur + Shimano 105 2x (FD-5800) Band Mount (28.6mm)
- Rear Derailleur + Shimano 105 11spd (RD-5800) Long Cage
- Brakeset + Hayes CX-Expert, 160mm Front & Rear
- Crankset + Shimano RS-500, 110bcd, 50/34t
- Bottom Bracket + Shimano Hollowtech 2
- Seatpost + 27.2mm, two-bolt, 350mm length
- Saddle + All-City Gonzo
- Cassette + Shimano CS-5800, 11-32t
- Chain + Shimano HG-601-11, 11spd Road
- Hubs + Formula QR, 32h, 6-bolt rotor
- Rims + WTB STP i19 TCS, (650b in 43/46cm, 700c in larger sizes)
- Tires + Panaracer T-Serv Protex, (650b X 42mm in 43/46cm, 700c X 35mm in larger sizes)
|Size||43cm (650b)||46cm (650b)||49cm||52cm||55cm||58cm||61cm|
|Head Tube Angle||70||70.5||71||71||72||72||72|
|Seat Tube Angle)||75||74.5||74.2||73.5||73||72.5||72|
|Top Tube Length)||495||515||530||545||560||580||610|
|Seat Tube Length||420||450||480||510||540||570||600|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||58||58||75||75||75||75||75|
|Total Fork Length||376||376||395||395||395||395||395|
|Head Tube Length||95||105||110||125||150||175||200|
|Crank Arm Length||165mm||165mm||170mm||172.5mm||172.5mm||175mm||175mm|
- Frame + 612 Select CroMoly steel. Double-butted down, top, and seat tubes. Externally tapered, ovalized, and dimpled chain stays, tapered seat stays, replaceable derailleur hanger.
- Fork + 4130 CroMoly tapered fork blades, lugged crown and matching dropout, straight steertube, IS disc brake tabs.
- Rear Spacing + 135mm
- Brake Compatibility + Disc Only, 140mm rear & 160mm front minimum rotor size
- Seatpost Diameter + 27.2mm
- Steerer Tube / Headset + 1-1/8" threadless, EC34 upper & lower, Crown race 30.0
- Bottom Bracket + 68mm English
- Tire Clearance + 700c x 42mm
- Derailleur Hanger + Wheels Manufacturing No. 41
- Extras + Rack & fender mounts, E.D. coated for durability and rust prevention