The Macho King is a special one. Throughout your life, some will come and some will go, and some will touch your heart and make you want to hold onto them forever. The Macho King is one of those. It is simply the very best cross bike we have ever made, and if you are lucky enough to lay hands on one, you’re going to love it.
The biggie here is that it’s made from Reynolds 853 tubing which is, in our estimation, the finest steel going. Nothing holds its value like high-end steel. It’s lightweight, will last forever if treated properly and produces the finest ride quality of any material used in the bike world. Twenty years from now this frameset will still be fawned over by bike geeks due to that little Reynolds sticker.
This is the second generation of Macho Kings, and we’ve made some important improvements. With this offering you’ll find top tube cable routing, new dropouts featuring a replaceable derailleur hanger, and a larger diameter downtube. The replaceable hanger (easily available from Wheels Manufacturing, it’s a 49) means that should you have a bent rear hanger due to mud on the cross course it is easily field serviceable, the larger diameter downtube improves sprinting prowess, and we’ve moved all the cables to the top tube and eliminated the internal cable routing so that the bike functions better with modern single shifter cross setups. As ever it also features a 44mm headtube and a Whisky No. 7 carbon fork with a tapered steerer tube.
It retains all the All-City custom touches such as: signature dropouts, signature seat collar, custom English threaded bottom bracket shell, reinforcements on the bottle bosses and fender mounts. It has clearance for 38’s, plus room for tons of mud. Our proven cyclocross geometry and the All-City name backs it all up.
The spec is Rival 22, with tubeless ready DT Swiss wheels, a Zipp stem and seatpost, our favorite cross handlebars, and Clement MXP tires.
This thing is amazing; ride one and see for yourself.
SPECS & GEO
- Headset + Cane Creek 40 series
- Stem + Zipp Service Course, 31.8mm, 6˚, black
- Handlebar + Salsa Cowbell 2, 31.8mm
- Tape + Black
- Shift/Brake Lever + SRAM Rival 22 11-speed
- Brake + Hayes CX Expert mechanical disc brakes & 160mm rotors
- Front Derailleur + SRAM Rival 22 braze-on, 28.6mm adapter
- Rear Derailleur + SRAM Rival 22 Short Cage
- Crankset + SRAM Rival 22 46/36t
- Bottom Bracket + SRAM GXP
- Seatpost + Zipp Service Course, 27.2mm
- Saddle + Fizik Aliante Delta MG
- Cassette + SRAM PG1130, 11-28t
- Chain + SRAM PC1130
- Rims + DT Swiss R24 DB SPLINE Wheelset
- Tires + Clement MXP, 700x33mm Folding
|Head Tube Angle||70.5||71||71.5||72||72.5||72.5|
|Seat Tube Angle)||74||73.5||73||73||72.5||72.5|
|Top Tube Length)||520||535||550||565||585||605|
|Seat Tube Length||460||490||520||550||580||610|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||70||70||70||70||70||70|
|Total Fork Length||395||395||395||395||395||395|
|Head Tube Length||95||110||130||150||175||200|
|Crank Arm Length||170||170||175||175||175||175|
- Frame + Reynolds 853 tubing, double bottle cage mounts, 135mm rear spacing, 44mm headtube, English BB
- Fork + Whisky #7 Carbon Blades, Tapered Carbon Steerer Tube, QR
- Rear Spacing + 135mm
- Brake Compatibility + Disc only, 160mm max rotor
- Seatpost + 27.2mm
- Steerer Tube/Headset + Tapered; 44mm headtube; ZS44/28.6 upper, EC44/40 lower, crown race 39.7mm
- Front Derailleur Clamp Diameter + 28.6mm
- Bottom Bracket + 68mm English
- Tire Clearance + 700c x 38mm Extras Fender mounts
- Extras + Fender Mounts, ED Coated Frame (Internally & Externally)
- Derailleur Hanger + Wheels Manufacturing No. 49