The Macho King LTD is a special small-batch run of completes in a real nice color with a real nice parts spec: SRAM Force 22 Hydraulic. We are only building 50 of them and expect them to go fast. If you would like one, get to your local shop and make sure they reserve one for you.
The Macho King is a special one. Throughout your life, some will come and some will go and some will touch your heart and make you want to hold onto them forever. The Macho King is one of those. It is simply the very best cross bike we have ever made available, and if you are lucky enough to lay hands on one, you're going to love it.
The biggie here is that it's made from Reynolds 853 tubing which is, in our estimation, the finest steel going. Nothing holds its value like high-end steel. It's lightweight, will last forever if treated properly, and produces the finest ride quality of any material used in the bike world. Twenty years from now this frameset will still be fawned over by bike geeks due to that little Reynolds sticker.
The other big difference between this and the standard Macho Disc is that it comes with a 44mm headtube and Whisky No. 7 carbon fork with a tapered steerer tube. The fork saves about a pound and a quarter over our excellent steel variant.
It retains all the All-City custom touches such as: signature dropouts, signature seat collar, custom English threaded bottom bracket shell, internal cable routing for the front derailleur, reinforcements on the bottle bosses and fender mounts. It has clearance for 38's, plus room for tons of mud. Our proven cyclocross geometry and the All-City name back it all up.
This thing is amazing; ride one and see for yourself.
*please note, rims have a 45psi limit
**while the photos show a thru-axle fork, due to production issues the bike comes with a standard axle fork
SPECS & GEO
- Headset + Cane Creek 40 series Top: ZS44/28.6 Bottom: EC44/40
- Stem + Thomson X4, 1-1/8th threadless, 31.8 clamp
- Handlebar + Salsa Cowbell 2, 31.8
- Tape + Black
- Shift/Brake lever + Sram Force 22 Hydraulic
- Brake + 160mm rotors
- Front Derailleur + Sram Force 22 braze-on, 28.6 adapter
- Rear Derailleur + Sram Force 22 short cage
- Crankset + Sram Force 22 46/36t
- Bottom Bracket + Sram GXP
- Seatpost + Thomson Elite, setback, 27.2
- Saddle + Fizik Aliante Delta MG
- Cassette + Sram PG1130, 11-28 hole
- Chain + Sram PC1130
- Hubs + Formula, centerlock, 28 hole
- Rims + Stan's Iron Cross, 28 hole
- Tires + Clement MXP, 700x33, folding
|Head Tube Angle||70.5||71||71.5||72||72.5||72.5|
|Seat Tube Angle)||74||73.5||73||73||72.5||72.5|
|Top Tube Length)||520||535||550||565||585||605|
|Seat Tube Length||460||490||520||550||580||610|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||70||70||70||70||70||70|
|Total Fork Length||395||395||395||395||395||395|
|Head Tube Length||95||110||130||150||175||200|
|Crank Arm Length||170||170||175||175||175||175|
- Frame + Reynolds 853 steel. Double butted down, top, and seat tubes. Externally tapered, ovalized, and dimpled chain stays, tapered seat stays
- Fork + Whisky 7 Carbon blades, tapered carbon steertube
- Rear spacing + 135mm
- Brake Compatibility + Disc only, 160mm max rotor
- Seatpost diameter + 27.2
- Steertube/Headset + Tapered. 44mm Headtube. ZS44/28.6 upper, EC44/40 lower, Crown race 39.7
- Front Derailleur clamp diameter + 28.6
- Bottom Bracket Shell + 68mm English
- Tire clearance + 700x38
- Extras + Fender Mounts, ED coated