Star Track Grip Uses
let's take a moment to discuss the venerable Star Track Grip.
I love them.
I have always loved the BMX versions and ridden them on many bikes, and I am now enamored with the long Track style.
The reasons for this are many:
1. Dual compound: harder stars over a softer body provides excellent no slip grip
2. Unlike traditional track grips which are thin and give a harsh ride on rise or flat bars, the Star Track Grips are the same diameter as their BMX counterparts giving a comfortable beefy perch
3. Multiple hand positions. You can slide your mitts all over the bar and it's all good wherever you roam. I like the option of moving my hands inward when riding fast.
4. Freestyle: many times when I spin the bars I end up catching the right side (I throw the bars with my right hand) in an off center position. With a flanged grip, this may be uncomfortable or unridable. With these long jobbers I can continue to hop or spin or whatever in complete control because I've landed on the grip.
5. They look sweet and are available in colors. Totally.
And for those of you creative types, don't feel limited to drops or risers. Our good buddy The Donner recently sent me this photo of his new bullhorn setup. He says they feel great and as we all know, you should never go against The Don.(photo taken by the lovely Linda Sue)
And in case you need proof as to why you should value The Don's opinion, one look at his senior photo should put the issue of credibility to rest.
This my friends, is a man not to be taken lightly