Looking for a Product Manager
All-City is currenlty seeking a qualified person to take over the Product Management side of our operation. If you think you have the skills and experience, head over to QBP.com Careers tab and check out the posting.
Here is the description, sorry if it seems lame, but you know, it's a job posting. We've given up on having "cool" job postings, the same way you eventually had to give up having funny answering machine messages. (Remember answering machines?)
Product Manager - All-City
All-City is seeking a qualified applicant to help us continue our mission of making some of the most beautiful bikes and parts in the industry.
Bicycles are not our hobby; they are at the very core of everything we do and are. An intrinsic part of our existence that allow us to lead a better life every time we swing a leg over the top tube.
Why Join Us?
All-City exists to make a significant contribution to the culture and machinery of Urban Cycling. We make products for people for whom the bike is not a pastime or a hobby, but an everyday part of their existence and world.
We make some of the finest steel (and one aluminum) bicycles in the world, and sweat the details. We believe that steel is a performance material to make fast, fun, race bikes that you can live with and ride every day of your life. We are a company of riders making product for other riders, a group of racers and nerds striving to help people have more fun on two wheels.
All-City is owned by QBP. QBP is one of the world’s leading distributors of bicycles, components, and accessories. Our continued success is led by our belief in purpose before profit. From our commuter program, which pays employees to ride or carpool to work, to our extensive community outreach efforts, to our LEED certified environmentally sustainable facilities, we live our values in everything we do. We strive in all we do to create success not only for our business and our employees, but for our partners and community as well.
What you will do:
The All-City Product Manager is expected to execute and be accountable for all product development activity, development objectives and strategies, product development plan, and related results. This includes bikes, frames, parts, accessories, and softgoods.
The All-City Product Manager will:
• Execute upon the Product Development objective, strategies, and plan that aligns to the business objective and strategies
• Execute and maintain an annual global product development plan and related expense plan
• Plan, manage, and coordinate all development projects for the brand (communication and coordination amongst all brand functions is key)
• Be responsible for leading brand product safety and compliance, work with Supply Chain, Compliance, and Development Teams to develop and meet expectations for qualification and quality assurance
• Track industry and consumer trends to ensure all products are desirable and competitive for all stakeholders
• Collaborate with brand teams to establish cost targets, margin structure, in-stock dates to meet sales and marketing goals
• Align knowledge of industry trends with brand sales data to manage product lifecycles for the brand
• Consistently improve overall product range and individual product details each model year
• Negotiate with potential and existing vendors
• Build and maintain relationships with vendors
• Represent QBP with integrity
*Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
A passion for cycling, the cycling industry, and love of its people
• Breadth and depth of understanding of the cycling industry, its brands, its dealers, and consumers where applicable
• Ability and desire to test bicycle components, or identify individuals who will
• A strong desire to learn and teach others
• Substantial communication skills and collaborative spirit
• Technical knowledge of bicycles and components and mechanical ability to work on them
• Ability to balance a broad brand/product range focus with detailed task level execution
• Proven organizational and analytical skills, detail orientation, and problem solving skills
• Practice and exhibit high self-awareness
• Domestic and International travel required 15-25% of weeks annually depending on brand responsibilities
Pay Range: Pay Based on Experience
Supervisor: Manager, Product Development
Application Requirements: Cover letter and resume must accompany the application
Hours required: Full Time, Year Round
Modeling QBP Core Values:
• Act with integrity
• Be a true partner
• Create something special
• Deliver greatness
• Keep the customer first
So yeah, if you think you may be a good fit for what we've got going on. Get at us.